Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

School Board member Becki Couch losing faith in the system

From the Times Union: Couch said she believes the state board tweaks the formula every year. And with every change, parents become more skeptical.

“I’ve had an opportunity to speak to the commissioner in a small group setting and I’ve told him that I have started to lose confidence in the way letter grades are calculated,” she said. “I’m losing confidence in what a school grade means, as a parent.”

 http://jacksonville.com/news/schools/2013-07-16/story/projections-show-fewer-elementaries-duval-more-schools-receiving-lower#ixzz2ZGYuigjC


Earlier in the day state board member Sally Bradshaw said, “I don’t understand when it became acceptable to disguise and manipulate the truth simply because the truth is uncomfortable."

And she's on the opposite end of the spectrum from Couch.

Friends, it's time we all lost faith in the system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment