Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2015

First Coast alum laments the decline of a once great school

From a reader

As a FCHS alumnus and 15 year teacher (12 in DCPS), this is not OK! It's an outrage that the once shining jewel of the north side is now a black eye. My current school has recently received 2 faculty members that left FC and the things I've heard are both heartbreaking and infuriating. These are respected,seasoned teachers who are passionate, hardworking educators. Some things are really getting out of hand over there to say the least. 

It really saddens me, since I envisioned sending my own children to my Alma mater someday, and I'll obviously be rethinking that plan. 

I'd love to hear the perspective of the chorus director who I've heard is among those transferring. He built a program from the year the school opened and was a hugely positive asset to FCHS! If he's leaving, this should be a giant RED FLAG! His program was one of the few good things going at FC. His departure will likely accelerate this implosion. I wish I could be more optimistic, but it's very sad indeed.

1 comment:

  1. The chorus teacher, John Larsen, had talent and intelligence, and with that came certain expectations to be successful. For this reason...he had to go.

    You can't have teachers who know what they need, and expect it. Who do they think they are....the Principal? He had to go.

    THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE !



    (any 'Highlander' fans out there?)

    ReplyDelete